MQRC_EPH_ERROR 2420 (0974) (RC2420)
- You have specified a channel in MQCONNX and this is not in the CCDT, so if you have a channel called QMACLIENT, and use use “QM” or “QM*” both will give MQRC_HOST_NOT_AVAILABLE.
- You had a network problem, for example the application gets MQRC_CONNECTION_BROKEN. If the next MQ verb the application issues is MQCONN or MQCONNX this will fail with MQRC_HOST_NOT_AVAILABLE. You need to issue MQDISC, or retry the MQCONN(X) a second time.
- You specified a connection address like 127.0.0.1:1414 when it was expecting 127.0.0.1(1414).
MQRC_UNKNOWN_OBJECT_QMGR: 2086 (0826) (RC2086) with a client application
This can be caused when using a client connection and specifying a queue manager name of the format “*name” (for availability) . The application takes this queue manager name, and uses it in the MQOD.
If the first character of the Queue Manager Name is “*” then MQINQ should be used to retrieve the actual queue manager name, or do not use the “*name”.
MQRC_NOT_AUTHORIZED: 2035 (07F3) (RC2035) with MQCONNX
Trying to use MQCONNX to connect to a queue manger. The info from the Knowledge centre and the AMQ message say a blank userid or password was given. I also found the following can cause the same return code
- mqcno.SecurityParmsPtr = 0;
- csp.CSPPasswordLength = 0;
- sp.CSPUserIdLength = 0;
- csp.CSPPasswordPtr= 0;
- csp.CSPUserIdPtr = 0;
- csp.AuthenticationType != MQCSP_AUTH_USER_ID_AND_PWD;
MQRC_ENVIRONMENT_ERROR: 2012 (07DC) (RC2012) with MQCONNX
Trying to use MQCONNX with MQCNO_RECONNECT_Q_MGR or MQCNO_RECONNECT;
- Not using threaded application. My C program was built with -lmqic instead of -lmqic_r -lpthread
- SHRCONV = 0 on the channel definitions
MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR: 2058 (080A) (RC2058)
- export MQCHLLIB not pointing to correct location
- export MQCHLTAB pointing to the wrong name, or not set and AMQCLCHL.TAB not found in the location pointed to by MQCHLLIB
- remember to update your .profile so this does not happen again
- you are using a CCDT and passed in a QMNAME of XXXX, for all channels with QMNAME XXXX none could connect to the queue manager in the conname.
- You think you were using a mqclient.ini file … but are now in a different directory
- You are using the correct mqclient.ini file. It has a ChannelDefinitionFile=… file. This ccdt file is missing entries for the queue manager. use the runmqsc command DIS CHL(*) where chltype(eq,svrconn) to display the valid channels on the server.
- You tried to connect with the queue manager name, and need to connect to the QM group name.
- You forgot the * in front of the queue manager name when using groups.
MQRC_KEY_REPOSITORY_ERROR: 2381 (094D) (RC2381)
- MQSSLKEYR not set to the keystore path and file name
- you specified …/key.kdb instead of /key without the .kdb
- remember to update your .profile so this does not happen again
MQRC_OPTIONS_ERROR:2046 (07FE) (RC2046)
During MQCONNX: mqcno.Options = MQCNO_CD_FOR_OUTPUT_ONLY + MQCNO_USE_CD_SELECTION;
Solved it using
- mqcno.Options = MQCNO_CD_FOR_OUTPUT_ONLY + MQCNO_USE_CD_SELECTION
- mqcno.Options = MQCNO_CD_FOR_OUTPUT_ONLY
- but not both
MQRC_CD_ERROR2277 (08E5) (RC2277)
I received message in the /var/mqm/error/*.LOG saying
AMQ9498E: The MQCD structure supplied was not valid.
EXPLANATION: The value of the ‘ChannelName’ field has the value ‘0’. This value is invalid for the operation requested.
This is only partially true. If you specify mqcno.Options=MQCNO_CD_FOR_OUTPUT_ONLY, this returns the name of the channel to you. In this case specifying a blank channel name is valid. If this options value is not specified, then a channel name is required.
AMQ9202E: Remote host not available, retry later.
The attempt to allocate a conversation using TCP/IP to host ” for channel
QMZZZ was not successful. However the error may be a transitory one and it may be possible to successfully allocate a TCP/IP conversation later.
This is not strictly accurate.
In my MQCONNX I specified a channel name of QMZZZ which did not exist in the Client Channel Definition Table (CCDT).
- Check the channel name in ClientConn.ChannelName
- Specify mqcno.Options = MQCNO_CD_FOR_OUTPUT_ONLY so it ignores what is in the channel, and picks one from the entries in the CCDT.
AMQ9498E: The MQCD structure supplied was not valid.
The value of the ‘ChannelName’ field has the value ‘0’. This value is invalid for the operation requested.
Change the parameter and retry the operation.
- I got this when I specified a blank (not ‘0’ ) in the ChannelName field. If I specified mqcno.Options = MQCNO_CD_FOR_OUTPUT_ONLY I did not get this error message, as the specified channelname value is ignored. I fixed the problem by changing the MQCNO, not the MQCD
PCF: MQRCCF_MSG_LENGTH_ERROR: 3016 (0BC8) (RC3016)
I got this when using PCF and got my lengths mixed up, for example StrucLength was longer than the structure.
PCF: MQRCCF_CFST_PARM_ID_ERROR: 3015 (0BC7) (RC3015)
I got this when I issued INQUIRE_Q and passed in a channel name
PCF:MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR 2195 (0893) RC2195
I also got back section MQIACF_ERROR_IDENTIFIER (1013) with a value of 2031619. I cant find what this means.
My problem was I had specified an optional section – but not a required one.
PCF:MQRCCF_CFST_PARM_ID_ERROR 3015 (0BC7) RC3015
I got this when using MQCMD_INQUIRE_Q, and I had specified MQCACF_Q_NAMES instead of MQCACF_Q_NAME ( no ‘s’).
MQWEB on z/OS
SRVE0279E: Error occured while processing global listeners for the application com.ibm.mq.rest:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.mq.mft.rest.v1.resource.MFTCommonResource (initialization failure)
SRVE0279E: Error occured while processing global listeners for the application com.ibm.mq.console: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.mq.ui.api.ras.RasDescriptor (initialization failure)
SRVE0321E: The [SecurityFilter] filter did not load during start up.
SRVE0321E: The [JSONFilter] filter did not load during start up.
SRVE0321E : The [MQConsoleSecurityFilter] filter did not load during start up.
I got this because the MQ JMS libraries had not been installed. I had /colin3/mq923/web, but was missing/colin3/mq923/java .
The RACF command RACDCERT LISTRING(KEY ) ID(IZUSVR) <check the case>
Certificate Label Name Cert Owner USAGE DEFAULT
-------------------------------- ------------ -------- -------
BPECC ID(START1) PERSONAL YES
So it is in the key store.
You need to check there is profile for the keyring, and as the requester needs access to the private key, has update access to it.
The userid issuing the command may not have access to the keyring. The private key was needed, so needs update access to the keyring.
RLIST rdatalib START1.KEY.LST authuser
RDEFINE RDATALIB IZUSVR.KEY.LST UACC(NONE)
PERMIT IZUSVR.KEY.LST CLASS(RDATALIB) ID(IZUSVR) ACCESS(UPDATE)
SETROPTS RACLIST(RDATALIB) REFRESH
SETROPTS RACLIST(DIGTCERT,DIGTRING ) refresh
Note: The SETROPTS RACLIST(DIGTCERT,DIGTRING ) refresh is not strictly needed but it is worth doing it incase there were updates to the certificates and the refresh command was not done.
- The certificate was not in the keyring
- It was NOTRUST
- It had expired
- The CA for the certificate was not in the keyring,
CWWKO0801E: Unable to initialize SSL connection. Unauthorized access was denied or security settings have expired. Exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common
This can be caused by
- the requester not having access to the private key in the keyring.
- no valid certificate in the ring.
ERROR ] CWPKI0022E: SSL HANDSHAKE FAILURE: … PKIX path building failed: com.ibm.security.cert.IBMCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.
The signer might need to be added to local trust store … , located in SSL configuration alias izuSSLConfig. The extended error message from the SSL handshake exception is: PKIX path building failed: com.ibm.security.cert.IBMCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.
Action: A client has sent a certificate and Liberty is trying to validate it
- The certificate from the client is self signed and not in the keyring (or trust keyring if this is used)
- The CA or intermeditate CAs are not in the keyring
- The CA’s are in the keyring, but not trusted
- There are CAs with the same name, but not the same content in the keyring. Check dates and other attributes
It may be that the Server’s certificate is being used to validate, so check the certificate being used by z/OSMF or Liberty.
Firefox is getting Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER
Check your certificates. You need the CA and any intermediate CAs in the “Authorities” section of certificates. They may need to be trusted.
They are not automatically imported when you import a certificate.
IZUG476E: The HTTP request to the secondary z/OSMF instance “S0W1” failed with error type “HttpConnectionFailed” and response code “0”
I got this when trying to submit a job in the workflow topic. You should get some ffdcs generated.
- java.net.UnknownHostException: s0w1.dal-ebis.ihost.com
- WorkflowException: IZUWF9999E: The request cannot be completed because an error occurred. The following error data is returned: “IZUG476E:The HTTP request to the secondary z/OSMF instance “S0W1” failed with error type “HttpConnectionFailed” and response code “0” .”
Ping s0w1.dal-ebis.ihost.com and nslookup s0w1.dal-ebis.ihost.com did not return any data.
I edited /etc/hosts/
10.1.1.2 S0W1.CANLAB.IBM.COM S0W1
and tso ping s0w1.dal-ebis.ihost.com worked.
I had to restart z/OSMF for it to pick up the change.
Server reports Certificate errors – certificate_unknown
- unable to find valid certification path to requested target
- Rethrowing javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown
This was caused by the trust store at the client end did not have the CA certificate for the certificate sent from the server. It may have had it, but it may have expired.
You may also get sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target because the trust store did not have the CA certificate, or the certificate was not valid – for example not trusted, or expired.
java.security.cert.CertificateException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.
Check in the trace and ffdc. I got errors
FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: “java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by CN=TEMP4Certification Authorit2, OU=TEST, O=TEMP is not trusted; internal cause is: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error
CWPKI0022E: SSL HANDSHAKE FAILURE: A signer with SubjectDN (the cerificate used by the server) was sent from the target host. The signer might need to be added to local trust store safkeyring://my/TRUST, located in SSL configuration alias defaultSSLSettings.
The extended error message from the SSL handshake exception is: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued
by (my ca) is not trusted; internal cause is: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error
IZUWF9999E: The request cannot be completed because an error occurred. The following error data is returned: “java.security.cert.CertificateException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.”
Action: Add the CA for the server’s certificate to the trust store. I had to restart z/OSMF to pick it up
CWPKI0033E: The keystore located at safkeyringhybrid://START1/KEY did not load because of the following error: Invalid keystore format
location=”safkeyringhybrid://USERID/Keyring to location=”safkeyring://USERID/Keyring to
BPXP015I HFS PROGRAM /usr/lpp/zosmf/lib/libIzuCommandJni.so IS NOT MARKED PROGRAM CONTROLLED. BPXP014I ENVIRONMENT MUST BE CONTROLLED FOR DAEMON (BPX.DAEMON) PROCESSING.
I had the wrong SAF_PREFIX(‘IZUDFLT‘) in USER.Z24A.PARMLIB(IZUPRMCP). IZUDFLT was correct.
I had other problems like invalid password when I logged onto the web browser.
Fix the problem and regenerate.
IZUG807E An error occurred while attempting to load a required program library. Error: “require is not defined”
With an FFDC saying SRVE0190E: File not found: /IzuUICommon/1_5/zosmf/util/ui/resources/common.css
Action: close the browser and restart it
IRRD109I The certificate cannot be added. Profile…. is already defined.
Action use RACDCERT LIST ID(…) to list all the certificate belonging to a user. Search for the CN value Due to a mistake, a certificate had been created using the label LABEL00000006.
I then used RACDCERT ID(START1) DELETE(LABEL(‘LABEL00000006’)) to delete it
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Could not determine revocation status
This is displayed when a self signed certificate is processed. It could be a self signed certificate, or the top of the hierarchy of a chain of signers.
Java java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: TLSv1.3 SSLContext not available
z/OS does not support TLS v1.3 yet, and this is thrown. It was announced in April 2020.
Java share classes.
JVMSHRC659E An error has occurred while opening shared memory
JVMSHRC336E Port layer error code = -459502
JVMSHRC337E Platform error message: shmctl : EDC5111I Permission denied.
JVMSHRC028E Permission Denied
JVMSHRC626I The stats of the shared cache cannot be obtained since a valid shared cache does not exist.
JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9shr29(11): JVMJ9VM009E J9VMDllMain failed
The userid issuing the command does not have access to the resource.
The documentation says the shared class cache is created with ONLY USER read/write access by default unless the groupAccess command-line suboption is used, in which case the access is read/write for user and groups.
Note: Users with super user authority gid=0(SYS1) can issue the command with no additional authority.
To find the group list the directories containing the cache, for example if /var/zosmf/data/logs/.classCache/ was specified use ls -ltr /var/zosmf/data/logs/.classCache/javasharedresources.
For me it had owner IZUSVR group IZUADMIN.
I used the RACF command connect COLIN group(IZUADMIN) to connect the userid to the group. Even then the command failed, because groupAccess had not been defined on the -Xshareclasses… parameter. I had to delete the cache so it was recreated next time theJVM started. Then the java -Xshareclasses:cacheDir=/var/zosmf/data/logs/.classCache,name=liberty-IZUSVR,verbose,printStats worked.
IKJ56251I USER NOT AUTHORIZED FOR SUBMIT YOUR TSO ADMINISTRATOR MUST AUTHORIZE USE OF THIS COMMAND
You need to give the userid access to the TSOAUTH resource
//TSO3 EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN DD *
PERMIT SUBMIT CLASS(TSOAUTH) ID(COLIN) ACCESS(READ)
PERMIT CONSOLE CLASS(TSOAUTH) ID(COLIN) ACCESS(READ)
PERMIT JCL CLASS(TSOAUTH) ID(COLIN) ACCESS(READ)
PERMIT PARMLIB CLASS(TSOAUTH) ID(COLIN) ACCESS(READ)
IKJ56702I INVALID GROUP, PKIGRP3
I got this with
The message is totally wrong.
I could not delete the group because it had users connected to it. When I removed the userids it worked OK.
IEC143I 213-85, … RC=X’00000008′,RSN=X’0000271C’
You may need to refresh the in memory copy of the PKDS.
IEW2456E SYMBOL CSQB1CON UNRESOLVED.
IEW2456E SYMBOL CSQB1DSC UNRESOLVED.
Was using cc to compile in Unix Services, and had Binder option dll. The compiler did not have this option, and so gave this message.
cc -c -o c.o -Wc,SO,LIST(lst),SHOWINC,SSCOM,DLL,LSEARCH(‘COLIN.MQ924.SCSQC370′) -I //’COLIN.MQ924.SCSQC370’ c.c
cc -o mqsamp -V -Wl,LIST,MAP,INFO,DYNAM=DLL,AMODE=31 //’COLIN.MQ924.SCSQDEFS.OBJ(CSQBMQ1)’ c.o
Note I had to create the COLIN.MQ924.SCSQDEFS.OBJ, when using the xlc compiler.
IOEZ00312I Dynamic growth of aggregate ZFS.USERS in progress,
IOEZ00329I Attempting to extend ZFS.USERS by a secondary extent.
IEF196I IEC070I 104-204,OMVS,OMVS,SYS00022,0A9E,C4USS2,ZFS.USERS,
IEF196I IEC070I ZFS.USERS.DATA,CATALOG.Z24C.MASTER
IEC070I 104-204,OMVS,OMVS,SYS00022,0A9E,C4USS2,ZFS.USERS, 588
IOEZ00445E Error extending ZFS.USERS. DFSMS return code = 104, PDF code = 204.
MSG IEC070I 104-204 data set would exceed 4 gig if extended.