With MQ Web
- You can issue commands to administer MQ for example display, define, delete MQ objects.
- You can put and get messages to and from a queue. The message is what you specify – typically a character string.
With Z/OS Connect MQ support
- You can put and get messages to and from a queue, and do transformations on the message. For example mapping a COBOL structure to JSON.
- You can do field validation.
- You can covert HTTP code “200” to “great it worked”.
What is common?
They both use z/OS WebSphere Liberty to provide the basic web server.
One thought on “What’s the difference between MQ Web, and z/OS Connect MQ support?”